Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rickshaw Tour of Beijing Gave Behind the Scenes View of Neighborhood

One of my favorite activities so far was an hour-long rickshaw bike tour in one of the neighborhoods of Beijing. No, I didn't do the cycling myself, I just climbed into the back while our "driver" pedaled us along, two of us per bicycle rickshaw. This was a great opportunity to squeeze through narrow alley way like streets and see how people go about their daily lives. It was about 5 p.m. when we set out on this tour, so many people were coming home from work. Here are a few pictures. I especially liked spotting an older woman checking out the rickshaw while it was parked.














1 comment:

  1. Have a good tiime. I hear the male/female ratio there is greatly in your favor.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!