Monday, June 16, 2008

The joy of mountain biking trails at Wilder State Park in Santa Cruz

Last Saturday, on a group ride with the Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz, I finally conquered a technical part of a trail that I had attempted for years. Thanks to Mark Woodhead for capturing it on film (on a small camera with hi def video) and thanks also for recommending good gearing for that tough uphill cornering. The video clip contains two portions of my typically enthusiastic - and vocal - riding style. It's the second ascent that was my triumph! Too bad it is hard to tell what a steep turn this is and how big, thick roots jut out making in extremely difficult not to dismount.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That's a really tough corner! You made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!