Sunday, September 04, 2011

My First Trip to China is a Bicycle Tour - Travel Preparation is Challenging!

The flag of the People's Republic of China is a red background with five golden stars: one large star, with four smaller stars in a semicircle. The red represents revolution; the five stars and their relationship represent the unity of the Chinese people under the leadership of the Communist Party of China (CPC). This flag is flown in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau.
I'm so excited to ride my bike in China on a guided, organized trip in September with Imagine Tours. I'm less excited trying to figure out what I need to pack for a 21-day trip that includes, planes, trains and bicycling. Happily, I don't have to carry my gear on my bike while I am riding - my suitcase will be in a car. Stay tuned here on this blog for China trip details. Click here if you want to get email notices when this blog is updated with new posts and photos.
There is a suitcase buried underneath my pile of stuff. Packing light is NOT my specialty! I need either a bigger suitcase or less stuff!





3 comments:

  1. If you're into bike travel, you should definitely check out Montague folding bikes. They ride just like non-folding bikes, and the best part is, because you've got your own bike with you, you don't need to worry about what you might be renting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, not sure if you will get this reply - are you the one who did some folding bike touring in China? If so, tell me more, please. If not, thanks for your comment regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays..
    my page - Look At This

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!