Wednesday, September 07, 2011

In Transit! Santa Cruz to San Francisco to Beijing

It's strange to think that on September 11, 2011, I'll be on the Great Wall of China, for the somber 10-year marker of the 9-11 attacks. For now, though I am focused on getting to Beijing. I'm at San Francisco Airport now.
My trip so far, by the numbers:

2:30 a.m. - Time I went to sleep

5:00 a.m. - Time I got up

1 stop - at Emily's Bakery for pumpkin muffins and sandwiches for the plane ride

8 a.m. - Time Saskia got me to San Francisco Airport

33 pounds - weight of my 1 checked suitcase! (with 50 pound allowance)

40 minutes - time to get thru security line

1 - thing I forgot so far: hairbrush

1 - thing I miss already but deliberately left at home: my cell phone

12 hours - flight time directly from San Francisco to Beijing (United)

133 - number of yuan, Chinese currency that I have (thanks Bobby!) About $20

16 hours - China is 16 hours ahead of Santa Cruz time - it's tomorrow there already!







1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on packing relatively lightly! I'm looking forward to reading your travel blogs. Good luck and good health!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!