Thursday, August 07, 2008

Olympics start tomorrow and my preparation for Brazil and Peru trip is underway

Thursday, August 7 - 2008

The Olympics start tomorrow, 8/8/08, in Beijing, and I look forward to watching some of NBC's 3600 hours of coverage. I'm especially eager to track the performances of two women athletes, whom I have met in person, who will be competing. Jill Kintner will be the lone female athlete from the United States to race BMX, a bicycle sport that makes its debut at the Games. This past April, I took a mountain bike clinic with Jill at Sea Otter Classic in Monterey. Rie Katayama, of Japan, whom I met on a mountain bike ride two years ago. (Yes, she was super fast so I did not see a lot of her on the trail, but we went out to dinner later!) Rie will compete in cross country mountain biking for Japan.

While I will watch the Olympic athletes, I will also be busy planning my own adventures to Brazil, for the ATTA World Summit in Sao Paulo, and Peru, for mountain bike tour with Sacred Rides. I leave August 30 from San Francisco Airport. More on my trip plans soon!



Karen Kefauver
Freelance journalist & content provider

Website: recent feature stories

Travel Journal: blog updates

Santa Cruz, California, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!