Sunday, September 18, 2011

Halfway Point in Imagine Tours China Biking Trip

It's been a whirlwind trip, day after day packed with adventures!
I have just hit the halfway point in the 20-day trip. Tomorrow, our group leaves for Tibet. We leave our hotel at 3:30 a.m. to get to the airport for an early flight. I am excited - and very tired, too. We have a quick overnight in Chengdu, one of the larger and wealthier cities in China.
So far, Dali has been a favorite city. And after that, we went to Lijiang and ShangriLa. Here are a few photos to share! Also. my story on bicycling in China appeared in the my monthly bike column, Spin City. Here's a link to the story online.

Karen Kefauver Spin City Learning the Rules of the Road in China ...
Dali, China I survived my first bicycle ride in China. I felt like a little kid on training wheels -- scared, uncertain and thrilled, too.
www.santacruzsentinel.com/sports/ci_18908372

Adventures in Dining

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!