Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Wharf to Wharf Race - The Biggest Little 6-mile race in Santa Cruz, California

Everyone chooses to run for his and her own reasons and goals.

Wharf to Wharf 2009 - Here are My Photos

I watched the 37th annual Wharf to Wharf Race in July from the comfort of the sidelines. For many years, I was a casual runner at this scenic six-mile classic that attracts 15,000 official racers and many more who tag along. I was deeply inspired watching the runners, walkers and joggers as they formed a mass of energy moving from the Santa Cruz Wharf to the Capitola Wharf. What makes this race really stand out is dozens of live bands along the way - everything from bag pipes, to drummers, to rock bands, to marching bands. I especially enjoyed one of the deejays!


You Go Girl!

If you are in the lead, then you don't have to deal with the crowds! These are the front runners early on.

Thousands of runners in the middle of the pack run over Murray Street Bridge.

Fortunately, it was an overcast morning so runners could stay cool.

The community spirit of the race makes it a joy to watch or participate.

I always find some of my favorite folks are at the end of the "race."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!