Saturday, September 06, 2008

NEWSFLASH: My media presentation is today at the Adventure Travel Trade Association South American Summit here in Sao Paulo, Brazil!


Karen, hard at work, talking to tour operator Javier Lopez of Cascada Travel at the Expo Center Imigrantes in Sao Paulo, Friday, Sept. 5.

Today's update: Two is the magic number!

2 a.m. - Last night, the time I caught a taxi back to my hotel, Green Place Flat. Dinner at an outdoor downtown cafe was at 10 p.m., followed by dancing at another place, til 1:30 a.m.
It was my first time out in Sao Paulo. It was fun to be with a lively group of international friends from the ATTA convention - and far away from the hotel and convention center. It was authentic Brazil!

2 - Number of caipirinhas I drank last night. Since this is THE drink of Brazil, it was my duty to try it! The first one was so delicious and sweet, I had to have a second. Then I realized how strong they are!

2 - Hours of sleep, maybe a little more. I caught the taxi at 2 a.m. and was in bed by 3 a.m. I slept on and off til I got up at 7:30 a.m. today.

2 - Hours of panic this morning on two issues: 1. I am almost completely out of money. Tried two ATM machines so far, and can't get any money using my WAMU bank card. I'm spending a small fortune in taxi fare. I must resolve this money problem immediately! 2. I found my Apple power cord in the Lost and Found today at the expo after leaving it behind yesterday.

2 p.m. - The hour today that I join Nancy Harrison of ATMS, a media news service, to give my presentation, see below.

2 - More days of conference - today and tomorrow! Tomorrow won't be too much work: I am going whitewater rafting as part of the conference Day Outside!

Ciao!

Track 3 - Public Relations Atacama Room
Beyond the Press Release: Creative Strategies for Increased Media
(and consumer) Visibility
Learn how to look beyond the press release to access a much broader
audience for your special news. Learn how news services increase
visibility through popular search engines, creating photo and/or video
libraries for journalist access, establishing media/press centers that
positions you/your company as THE experts.
Nancy Harrison, Adventure Travel Media Source - USA
Karen Kefauver, Freelance Journalist - USA
Kiko Nogueira, Editora Abril - BRA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!