Friday, March 28, 2008

For the Adventure Travel Trade Association's meeting today, I visited Alexander Graham Bell's office ...


which happens to be at the National Geographic Society's headquarters in Washington, D.C. I learned that the inventor of the telephone also succeeded his father-in-law as president of the National Geographic Society in 1898. (Thus, he had an office there).

I was at the the sprawling NGS headquarters to attend a regional meeting hosted by the Adventure Travel Trade Association. Since attending the association's world summits in Whistler, Canada, in 2007 and in Seattle in 2006, I have found their events educational, fun and valuable for business networking. Today's gathering was no exception. I am now inspired to go to the Adventure Travel Trade Association's Brazil Summit in September and perhaps the Norway Summit in October.
For meeting photos, visit my photo gallery. It's linked to my website, www.karenkefauver.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!